background

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Recipe for Success

Don't Allow Your Property to Get Lost!

What are you talking about? I'm in the Multiple Listing Service, the Sign is up, it's on my agent's company website and I make sure that it's in the Chicago Tribune at lease once a month, oh and they put it on Craigslist as well!

Were you aware that the Multiple Listing Service does not allow syndication on the internet with the exception of Realtor.com? Does your For Sale Sign have your Realtor's direct number only on it so that responses are quick for questions or requests for showings? The company website - great idea but as they are sifting through looking at the other properties on the company website, they may go in a different direction then your property! Chicago Tribune is great but better as an online service.
I was recently interviewed by Bernice Ross, the owner of http://www.realestatecoach.com/ who met me years back when I first went deaf and working with Coldwell Banker. I readjusted through hearing aids and am greatful that I can pay to hear. Bernice wanted to know how I convert Expired Listings and FSBO's (For Sale By Owners) into signed business.

This is what I told her. These are excerpts that will be coming out in print online:

I regularly work with FSBO's and Expired Listings. Why? These are the people who need a highly skilled REALTOR who communicates well and can get their property sold and closed in today's complex market. These sellers are knowledgeable and use the internet as their informational highway to understanding. Yet REALTORS often fail to give sellers credit for understanding. Furthermore, many agents lack the ability to help sellers correctly position their property in today's marketplace. Others lack a business plan that they can follow to successfully close transactions. Where does that leave the Seller? Expired or FSBO. Then that's when the rash of "obituaries" start arriving at the Seller's door. You know the letter:

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Expired,
Your home has expired and is no longer on the MLS. Your REALTOR, the real estate company or your pricing may be the cause. I have a sure fired way to get your home sold in the least amount of time with the most amount of money. My plan will guarantee your success.

Who are you kidding? Not the seller!

FACT: There is too much competition; don't allow your property to get lost in the marketplace.

FACT: Just because it is a Buyer's Market, it doesn't mean that you can't sell your home!

How can you be found then? Google your agent's name. Go ahead. Google! If you can't find your agent's name, how is the buyer going to find your property? See it's about being local. The agent market's locally within certain neighborhoods.

Don't make assumptions that your Realtor knows how to market. Better yet, are they full time or are they working a part-time job to carry them through this difficult time in the marketplace?

The Bottom is: this is the best time to sell and market as there are fewer and fewer Realtors out there and hence, it would give the Realtor who is full time and carries an inventory of listings to get the best positioning for your property to sell.

What do I look for in a client? I want them to be loyal to me. It isn't about satisfying that client, because there is no loyalty in satisfaction and I let my client's know that I am loyal to them!

Barb was also interviewed recently by Chicago Magazine. Click here to read more.
Client Attraction In Action







No comments: